Division Chief Engineer - Imaging Solutions
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Division Chief Engineer - Imaging Solutions
Job Location: Wilmington, MA
L3Harris' Space and Airborne Systems seeks a Chief Engineer with expertise in EO/IR Space Systems to join our growing team. The person in this position will be deployed as the Chief Engineer for a large division within L3Harris, responsible for the technical strategy and technical execution of ongoing customer funded efforts. This includes all phases of development from pre-award concept development, initial architecture and development of interfaces and component requirements through design, testing and verification, on to production support. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for directing the execution activities of all functional disciplines for existing programs and new pursuits.
- Deployed to Business Unit VP/GM
- Accountable for program performance (cost, schedule, technical) across the Business Unit
- Establishes program risks/opportunities
- Identifies opportunities for engineering improvements (people, process, and tools)
- Ensures engineering initiatives are adopted by the business
- Ensures program staffing demand for engineering is defined and documented
- Responsible for program design change approval
- Engineering POC for program accomplishments, issues, highlights and weekly status
- Ensures readiness for design reviews
- Drives to prevent unique product implementation at proposal phase/concept design
- Lead/establish Independent Review Teams
- Responsible for technical issue resolution, ensures root cause is identified and corrective actions are executed
- Supports new business pursuits / owns proposal cost reviews
- Bachelor�s Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar technical field or equivalent and a minimum of 15 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience
- 3+ years of functional management experience, leading a large team >50 resources across multiple disciplines
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 5+ years of Space Systems domain knowledge desired
- Strong multi-disciplinary technical breadth in Space and Ground Domain
- Ability to quickly understand missions, customer sets, drive strategy
- Experience in technical issue resolution, ability to ensure root cause is identified
- Experience supporting new business pursuits
- Ability to plan and execute internal investment strategy
- Experience successfully establishing new engineering teams in remote locations
- Experience successfully executing multi-site engineering efforts
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Able to present results and communicate with customers and senior management
- Technical background in:
- Optical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Weather Imaging
- Ground Systems
- Spacecraft and Payload Design
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.