mission & innovation
who we are
Harris is an innovative technology company.LEARN MORE
who we are
Harris is an innovative technology company. We are dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse talent, unified in a shared dedication to our customer’s mission, quest for professional growth, and provides employees with an inclusive environment committed to work-life success. Fundamental to the Harris culture is the dedication to our neighbors, nation and ally countries, fostering enterprise-wide opportunities for community outreach and volunteer efforts around the globe.
what we do
We are proud to develop cutting-edge technology that changes the world.LEARN MORE
what we do
We are proud to develop cutting-edge technology that changes the world. Our team of more than 7,700 engineers and scientists routinely push technological boundaries, making Harris a leader in tactical communications, electronic warfare, avionics, air traffic management, space and intelligence and weather systems. Harris employees are passionate about our customers and their missions, from supporting national security, civil service and transportation safety to advancing space access and driving product innovation.
Throughout our 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Today, our more than 17,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries.LEARN MORE
investing in the future
Harris inspires future innovation to solve mission-critical challenges.LEARN MORE
INVESTING IN THE FUTURE
Harris inspires future invention to solve mission-critical challenges.
How does Harris invest in the future? We provide the resources necessary to strengthen our teams – and the world.
- 5% industry-leading IRAD investment
- More than 7,700 engineers and scientists
- 400 engineering innovation spaces
- 1.85K US patents & applications
- $22M donated to STEM education
At Harris, we #InventAmazing
diversity & inclusion
Harris offers resource groups that inspire you to build your professional relationships and careerEmployee Resource Groups
EMPLOYEE RESOURCE GROUPS
We aim to attract, engage and retain a high performing, diverse workforce—and believe a fun and casual culture of inclusion drive our employees to achieve their full potential. We empower our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to be innovators to solve our customers’ toughest problems.
Our employees actively participate in local volunteer initiatives through Harris Employee Actively Responding Together (HEART), our community outreach program. HEART is focused on three pillars: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), mission aligned organizations; and the communities where we live and work.
Harris is proud to have many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). These employee-led groups connect those with shared values and interests, and host activities focused on networking, professional and leadership development, and community outreach.
OPPORTUNITY IS LIMITLESS
Whether it’s through support groups or hearing female industry leaders speak, women at Harris feel inspired to make a difference with our team.women at harris
WOMEN AT HARRIS
Harris aims to develop, connect, and empower women at Harris. Through Harris’ Women’s Leadership Initiative and other efforts, representation of women executives has doubled to more than one-third of our senior leadership team over the past six years, and within our new college graduate and intern pool, about one-third are women and 40 percent are people of color.
A few examples of how Harris develops and empowers women to achieve game-changing solutions for our customers through initiatives that help women advance their careers include:
- Women’s Interactive Network (WIN) Employee Resource Group with employees across four chapters, which host professional development forums, local networking events, and community outreach activities
- Women@Harris Network social networking group
- Lean In Circles peer mentoring forum
- Speaker series featuring webinars in partnership with Women in Aerospace
- Women’s Leadership Conference providing women leaders an opportunity to engage with the CEO and other senior leadership, enhance their professional development, and build their network
- Accommodations for expectant and working mothers, including enhanced seclusion rooms for nursing mothers and expectant mother parking spots
- Paid Parental Leave beyond medical leave and other paid time off, for all employees regardless of gender
WE VALUE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Harris works to protect the people who protect our country—our active-duty military and veterans.Military and Veterans
MILITARY & VETERANS
Harris’ mission supports the military, first responders and our communities. For more than 50 years, Harris has supported our active-duty military and veterans through volunteer events, financial gifts and grants from the Harris Employees Actively Responding Together (HEART) program. Since 2010, we have hired more than 1,700 veterans, and we’re proud that 15 percent of our new employees are veterans. We value those who have served and joined the Harris team, as they share our drive to protect the world through powerful solutions.
Our approach to career development combines on-the-job experience and relationship building with formal training—driven by each employee’s active interest and involvement.
Access the tools you need
At Harris, you are set up with the tools you need to succeed.Develop Yourself
Harris empowers its employees to take charge of their career path and reach their professional goals through development programs, mentorship and incentives. Opportunities at Harris are limitless, whether your career goals are to gain broad experience among projects and business areas, or to be the sought-after subject matter expert in your field. Our approach to career development combines on-the-job experience and relationship building with formal training—driven by each employee’s active interest and involvement.
- More than 10,000 searchable online assets aligned with the Harris competency model
- Quick access resources or just-in-time learning that can be completed in under 5-minutes
- Learning challenges and gamification to build skills and earn digital coins
- Professional certification support through internal programs in project management and Lean Six Sigma, plus online vendor content to assist with continuing education requirements
- Informal learning through community of interest groups, on-site clubs and employee resource groups
- Work-based learning programs provide opportunities to apply newly learned skills on the job
map out your journey
The road of opportunity is endless with Harris—especially when it comes to the variety of toolkits, career paths and mentoring programs.DRIVE YOUR CAREER
DRIVE YOUR CAREER
- Career planning toolkits provide online resources to assess your needs, develop your plan and guide you to achieve your goals
- Multiple career paths allow you to advance to the highest level technical/professional expert or executive leadership role
- Rotational programs quickly develop competence to advance
- Formal and informal mentoring programs provide leadership support and build your network
- Networking and social events allow you to engage with leadership and peers
- Harris Opportunity Program provides visibility and ability to apply to open positions
- eLearning and career mentorship provide a suite of opportunities to achieve your goals
benefits & flexibility
Get the coverage you need to live a healthy lifestyle—Harris is an employer that understands life happens and is there to help.live a healthy life
Live a healthy life
health care choices
- Access to variety of health care choices, including multiple medical insurance plans to allow for the best fit for your needs
choices that provide you options
- Harris offers employees the ability to enroll in voluntary benefits, including prepaid legal, home & auto insurance, pet insurance, identity theft protection and more
Have time for what matters
At Harris, we understand the balance it takes to help you live your life to the fullest.find work/life balance
discover work/life balance
- Discretionary PTO for eligible employees
- Dress for your day
time off when you need it
- Paid parental leave for all new parents, following the birth or adoption of a child
- Harris provides paid absence for military duty, jury duty, illness and bereavement. For extended absence/illness, Harris provides short-term disability at no cost to our employees, and the ability to purchase long term disability insurance.
Make your dreams a reality
We support you throughout your career and empower you to achieve goals through our benefits and learning opportunities.reach your goals
reach your goals
grow your skills
- For those seeking a degree in their field, employees can take advantage of our tuition reimbursement program
save for your future
- Harris is proud to offer employees a 6% 401(k) match that starts at one year of employment and becomes fully vested after four years of service